Tuesday, 20 May 2014

Review: How to Lose the Duke in Ten Days (What Happens in Scotland) - ENG


Author: Kate McKinley
Original Title: How to Lose a Duke in Ten Days
Release Year: April 2014
 
Literary Genre: Romance 
Setting: London, Regency
Series: 1° of What Happens in Scotland


Vote: 8/10






Well, this was a really enjoyable reading! The romance is very sweet, passionate, entertaining and charming, maybe a bit too short to develop everything but sincerely, most of the time, I prefer this kind of reading, where we don't have to wait ages for some “actions”. Anyway I have the sensation that the author will tell us more about Lucas and Pippa in the next book, fact that is making me impatient!



The protagonists are very well presented and although I didn't have the best of the feeling when I met Lucas, the Duke of Arlington, for the first time, with the story going I started appreciating him with his roughness and his “light” despotism...at the end of the story I was half in love with him!
On the other hand I liked Pippa from the beginning, she's stubborn (and I like hardheaded heroine, within the limits clearly), intelligent and kind.

I love the stories where the hero is completely bewitched!

This romance is pure passion and I warmly suggest this romance/short story and it must be said, the author is very promising, I read some times ago her Surrender to the Siren Prince which is good as well but the plot doesn't exactly reflect my taste. 


Buona lettura!

 
M.E.G.



** I received an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book courtesy of NetGalley and the author, Kate McKinley in exchange for an honest review, thank you for the opportunity.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment