Friday, 15 May 2015

Review: If the Viscount Falls (The Duke's Men) - ARC


Author: Sabrina Jeffries
Original Title: If the Viscout Falls
Release Year: Jan. 2015
 
Literary Genre: Romance
Setting: England, Victoria era
Series: 4° of The Duke's Men series


Vote: 9/10






Guess what! I’ve loved this novel! What an unexpected statement from me towards Sabrina Jeffries.
I’m at the point where I’m convinced I won’t be able to find a plain romance written by her extremely talented hand.
I like her style, I like her characters and how real she pictures them, I like the chemistry the protagonists have, I like the plot…I even have a particular appreciation for the tense she uses for her romances titles! What else can I say which wouldn’t just confirm my previous amply stated idea regarding her works?
 
I loved If the Viscount Falls, to be fair I must say it’s not my favourite of the series, nothing has been able to equate the turmoil What the Duke Desires raised in me, that romance gave me shivers and quickened my heartbeat several times!
However if the Viscount Falls has quite the strong points to play, first of all the Hero, I mean, I’ve fallen in love with him in the first romance of the series…there was a lot of anticipation for his story. Second, I have a soft spot for a recovered loves, those that endure the time passing and uncountable misunderstandings.
Third, Nancy’s disappearance, the mystery which brings our protagonists, Dom and Jane, back together, after years of painful separation.
This romance is definitely not obvious and predictable, quite the opposite, despite the happy-ending (which is one of the reasons I love romances), the developments are everything but expected, required a bit of attention.

I highly recommend this romance, as much as I’ve previously recommended other Sabrina Jeffries’ novels, you will be charmed and captured by If the Viscount Falls in many ways and for several reasons, from the characters intensity to the riddle behind the love story.


Buona lettura!

M.E.G.



The Duke's Men series:  1. What the duke desires (Maximilian, Lisette)
                                 2. When the rogue returns (Victor, Isabelle)
                                 2.5. Dorinda and the doctor (Percy, Dorinda) 
                                 3. How the scoundrel seduces (Tristan, Zoe)
                                 4. If the viscount falls (Dominick, Jane)


                     prequel: 'Twas the night after Christmas (Pierce, Camilla)







 ** I received an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book on courtesy of NetGalley and Threshold (Pocket Books) in exchange for an honest review, thank you for the opportunity.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment