Saturday, 5 September 2015

Review: The Duke and the Lady in Red (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James)


Author: Lorraine Heath
Original Title: The Duke and the Lady in Red
Release Year: April 2015

Literary Genre: Historical Romance
Setting: England, Victorian Era
Series: 3rd of Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James

Vote: 10+








This novel is amazingly sweet and extremely touching...I've cried so much!
Lorraine Heath, in my experience, always bests herself!
I've seen some of two her previous novels I've loved in The Duke and the Lady in Red; I'm talking about "Waking up with the Duke" and "Lord of wicked intentions"; but don't get me wrong, the plot here is quite different from the above mentioned, VERY different I would say (which, I understand, to the skepticals' ears might sound as a strange statment when it comes to Historical Romances...well you are wrong!).


The story is highly interesting, since the beginning. The novel is built in a way that makes you want to turn the page...and then another and another, till you get to the last one, "wrapped" in a range of emotions and quite sad because you already finished it when actually you would have wanted to enjoy it for much longer!
I've adored the characters, all of them; but who really caught my full attention and appreciation since the beginning is the heroine, Rose, who has been portraied in a very complex way.


My very warm suggestion is to read this lovely novel, I'm sure you'd love it as much as I did...and probably you'll cry as much as I did! :)

Buona lettura!


M.E.G.



No comments:

Post a Comment