Thursday, 3 September 2015

Review: The Duke's Daughter (The Duke of Strathmore) - ARC

Author:  Sasha Cottman
Original Title: The Duke's Daughter
Release Year: August 2015

Literary Genre: Historical Romance
Setting: England, Regency
Series: 3rd of The Duke of Strathmore 


Vote: 7 1/2






 
This romance is great for some aspects but a bit uncertain for others.


Lets start by saying that I do like Sasha Cottman a lot, Letter from a rake is still in my heart. She has quite the charming style and she creates interesting characters. However here the situation sometimes is a bit too protracted, for some aspects I appreciate that she spends many words in portraying the hero, but in some instances it was a bit too much, almost distracting. On the other side, in romances, I'm not a big fan, in general, of rushed and "unavoidable" marriages, which for me here was a bit of a turn off, but really this has nothing to do with the author or the quality of the romance, it's just my personal tastes.
What I did love is the attraction and the chemistry between the protagonists, Lucy and Avery, it was sooo compelling; although at the very beginning their synergy wasn't that persuasive, with the plot developments their interactions gained a catching quid. I liked them together but I believe their relationship and their growing feelings towards each other could have been more deeply depicted.

That said I liked this romance, it's sweet, with the right amount of drama and with the PERFECT steaminess, Sasha Cottman did a great job in this regard.
I'm looking forward to read the next novel in the series.

Buona lettura!



MEG





 


**I received an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book in exchange for an honest review**

No comments:

Post a Comment