Tuesday, 19 January 2016

Review: Sutherland's Secret (Highland Pride) - ARC


Author:  Sharon Cullen
Original Title: Sutherland's Secret
Release Year: 2016

Literary Genre: Historical Romance
Setting: Scotland, Georgian Era
Series: 1st of Highland Pride


Vote: 10




THIS NOVEL WILL BE RELEASED THE 19th of JANUARY 2016



This is a marvellous romance everybody should read! Sharon Cullen did a great job here, the novel is right in every aspect. It's fast paced, there are no "dead", boring or superfluous parts, the backgrounds facts are interesting and well melted with the love story...and the love story itself, OMG, it's sooo adorably sweet, heart melting, it raised in me many feelings, it gave me shivers.



I'm so happy with this new series starting romance, moreover here there are several extremely promising potential protagonists and I do hope to see them more in the future.

The story opening is very catching, the historical context is fresh air in the historical romances world, it's not something overused (as the napoleonic war) and drags the reader straight into the plot. I loved the way the protagonists met and especially I adored the reasons that push the hero, Brice, Earl of Dornach and laird of the Sutherland clan, to keep with him the unconscious and very badly abused heroine, Eleanor.

The gentleness Brice shows to Eleanor is touching and very emotional, in turn, the heroine attitude and story manifests a sadness and sorrow that goes straight to the reader, the whole relationship between them and the developments make the establishment of a empathic bond very easy.
The dialogues between them are breathtaking, when I read "Ella, I want to kiss ye." (clearly this sentence has to be identified with a context), my heart leaped, insistently actually. 

If I have to forcedly find a flaw here, it would be that, maybe, the heroine's traumatic mutism, from when she starts again speaking her first words, is too quickly overcome; she gains back fluency in a too short amount of time in my opinion. 

As I've already mentioned I found the historical background, and the rest of the characters, very interesting and I can't wait to know more about especially about Colin, Thomas and Cait.

Chapeau to Sharon Cullen for this astonishing novel! As for me, it takes time to recover from a touching reading like Sutherland's Secret. Lol!

Buona lettura!

M.E.G.





 ** I received an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book on courtesy of NetGalley and Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept in exchange for an honest review, thank you for the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment