Friday, 5 February 2016

Review: Highland Awakening (Highlands Knights / House of Trent) - ARC


Author: Jennifer Haymore
Original Title: Highland Awakening
Release Year: March 2016

Literary Genre: Historical Romance
Setting: England, Regency
Series: 2nd of Highlands Knights & 4th of House of Trent

Vote: 8 1/2




THIS NOVEL WILL BE RELEASED THE 29th OF MARCH 2016


I truly enjoy Jennifer Haymore's style. I think she's an extremelly talented author, her novels are fast-paced, thrilling, hot and emotional. 

Said that, I relly liked Highland Awakening; I was waiting for Esme's story, I wanted her character to be more developed and to have an happy ending, since the first House of Trent novel. Same for Cam McLeod, he's a very charming hero. 

The story is entertaining, with that thrill that makes the plot spicier and that steaminess that makes the reader hot. Passion. Passion everywhere. I need a fan each time I read an Haymore's romance!

Esme and Cam are so good for each other, I'm very happy they ended up together. He is a tough nut to crack, stubborn but also so sweet. Esme on the other hand is shy, meek and so lovely. Howerer with him she brings out her strengh and he learns how to relent his overcontrolling side. 

I adore a fair dose of misunderstandings in romances plots, if well balanced, they create that thrilling expectations and twists that make everything fierier. And we do have that as well in Highland Awakening.
But, there is a "but". What hasn't convinced me that much is the scale at which Cam's belongingness to Esme evolves. I understand the attraction, which can be sudden; but here we are talking about a fierce feeling of "possession" (that in generally I find very charming) developed in a matter of hours.
Apart from this the romance is another great novel in both series and after the Highland Awakening epilogue I truly can't wait for Colin Stirling's story!

 
Buona lettura!



M.E.G.



**I received an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book in exchange for an honest review**


No comments:

Post a Comment