Thursday, 25 February 2016

Review: To Steal A Heart (Secrets and Spies) - ARC

 
Author: K.C. Bateman
Original Title: To Steal A Heart
Release Year: February 2016

Literary Genre: Historical Romance
Setting: France and England, Regency
Series: 1st of Secrets and Spies

Vote: 8 1/2




This was a lovely romance. A breath of fresh air, starting with the fact that the setting is different, or at least it was for me since 99% of all the HR I've read are settled in the United Kingdom. I like the decision to set it in France (also if not entirely) and with French protagonists, not because I have a passion for the country itself but more because it was reading something new and "unexpected".



The protagonists are both very charming, I deeply enjoy romances where the hero or the heroine is a bandit.
Obviously this novel is one of those; Marianne is an thief, Nicolas is a spy and not even particularly attentive to respect the law. Together they are pure passion. I enjoyed the developments of this story very much indeed, there is action, suspe
nse and the plenty of the just mentioned passion.

Nicolas seems the typical cocky rogue, and partially he actually is, but he has also this very gentle side; maybe I'm the only one who has perceived it, but I found him very kind and sweet with Marianne, and I do love kindness in a hero.

This was a great first novel and I can't wait to read the next romance, which I hope will be Heloise's (Nicolas' sister) story!

Buona lettura!


M.E.G. 




**I received an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book in exchange for an honest review**




 

No comments:

Post a Comment