Wednesday, 27 April 2016

Review: The Duke's Perfect Wife (Mackenzies and McBrides)


Author:  Jennifer Ashley
Original Title: The Duke's Perfect Wife
Release Year: 2012

Literary Genre: Historical Romance
Setting: England and Scotland, Victorian era
Series: 4th of Mackenzies and McBrides


Vote: 9 1/2




Pfff, why again? The last 20% (kindle) was just a bit of a let down. Perfection was behind the corner.

It wasn't that bad, but Hart ending up in London sewers and then in a humble boathouse on the Themes, place where he finally understands the real meaning of life, felt unecessary. They had all already went through all sort of dramas, more than enough for a full plot...

That said I loved Eleanor, marvellous heroine, she was fun! Hart is Hart, how could I not be attracted to a charming, dark and tortured duke? Their background story was great, their love, attraction and his almost obsession with her was melting.

I haven't read the series in order but the thing I love the most about it is that each novel gives a better knowledge of each character, so, for example for Ian (first), every following romance has made me appreciate him more, and especially know him better; I adore him much more now, than after I had just read the novel he is protagonist of. Same for Fellow, Hart and also Sinclair (although not as present as the others).


Since I haven't written, yet, any review for the other novels I've read in the series (although I've voted them on Goodreads), I'll list a quick summary:

The Madness of Ian Mackenzie - 9
Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage - 8 1/2
The Many Sins of Lord Cameron - 8 1/2
A Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift - 9
The Untamed Mackenzie - 9 1/2
The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie - 8 1/2
Ruled for a Proper Governess - 8
A Mackenzie Clan Gathering - 9 1/2

Buona lettura!

M.E.G.


No comments:

Post a Comment