Friday, 1 April 2016

Review: A Taste of Seduction (The Disgraced Lords) - ARC


Author: Bronwen Evans
Original Title: A Taste of Seduction
Release Year: August 2016

Literary Genre: Historical Romance
Setting: England, Regency
Series: 5th of The Disgraced Lords

Vote: 9




This romance will be released the 16th of August 2016 


I adore this series, it is sooo catching and passionate and moving. The characters are marvellous, they are very real, deep and detailed. I keep needing to read the next novel, I need to know how the linking story is going to develop! Aaaaargh! I hate waiting!

I love Evans' idea of sensuality and passion, it is exactly the one that gives me shivers; the emotions are often pained and tormented, and these all make the final happy ending boosted and truly satisfying. In the end there's always the feeling that, despite the terrible path the protagonists have gone through, they made it and they made it in the best ways, with bonds stronger that everything; they might have endured terrible griefs and aches, but they are together and nothing can change this.


This specific novel in the series is amazing in regards to the development of the above-mentioned linking story, and I was truly happy to read Hadley's story. It is a catching plot, with amazing protagonists; however, to be honest, Evangeline's is not my favourite heroine in the series, there are some edges I didn't particularly embraced - the poor Augustus' death/sacrifice could have been a bit more felt. Ok that on the other plate there was her son, I understand, but I found the duke character extremely interesting and sweet and I'd liked to see a bit more grief from Evangeline, who's, at the end of the story, responsible for the situation that ultimately leads to his death. Not her fault, but still.

The main point here might be that for me there's nothing more perfect than Maitland and Marisa, and in comparison, at least for me, all the other haven't succeeded to shine as bright as them.
Moreover, this novel, although not their personal story, just confirmed my love, I craved for some of their appearances.

Giving credit where credit is due, A Taste of Seduction has been so far the most interesting in regard to the Fleur the Lily's background story. This noevel left me particularly contrite. It's good that the author reminded us about what the Fleur did to Marisa otherwise I'd had started pending on the dark side...nevertheless I think that it's a really important message the one that cruelty sometimes is a result of abuses. The enemy is blinded by revenge, and in all honesty, I cannot say that her need of revenge is without reasons, the problem is "only" that she has targeted the wrong people.

At the end of the story on thing is certain, this novel leaves very, big, contrasting emotions, and I consider this as a great achievement for an author.

Good good good. I can't wait for the final chapter in the Disgraced Lords!



Buona lettura!

M.E.G.





** I received an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book on courtesy of NetGalley and Loveswept in exchange for an honest review, thank you for the opportunity **


No comments:

Post a Comment