Monday, 23 May 2016

Review: Her Highland Rogue (Wild Highland Guardian) - ARC


Author:  Violetta Rand
Original Title: Her Highland Rogue
Release Year: 2016

Literary Genre: Historical Romance
Setting: Scotland, Tudor period (1515)
Series: 1st of Wild Highland Gurdian


Vote: 9




THIS NOVEL WILL BE RELEASED THE 28th of JUNE 2016 


Catching and strongly passionate novel, with an interesting and entertaining historical background and with great characters.

The hero, Errol, future laird of the MacRea, is arrogant, and I liked it (normally I don't). I liked it because it is very realistic for his age, he is twenty-three, and especially because his attitude hides also a strong sweetness, nobleness and affectionate character. His growth is very obvious throughout the story and this is a proof of the author's skills.

Aileana, the heroine, although she doesn't do anything crazy to make me think so, is wild, fierce and very loveable. It's the kind of character/person hard not to appreciate.

Together they are so very good. Especially the last 20%, there are true sparks there. They only think I didn't quite get in this novel is the escalation of their love. Yes, they are strongly attracted, it's perceivable and realistic, in the end they are very much in love, which is also very realistic (when I so I mean the developments pace is right), although, what I didn't see as equally reasonable is the timing for the hero to declare his love. Bit too soon, or at least too soon in relation to what had transpired between him and the heroine (I don't believe in love at first sight).

Nevertheless this romance is really good, I warmly suggest it.


Buona lettura!

M.E.G.





 ** I received an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book on courtesy of NetGalley and Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept in exchange for an honest review, thank you for the opportunity.


No comments:

Post a Comment