Thursday, 15 September 2016

Review: A Night of Forever (The Disgraced Lords) - ARC


Author: Bronwen Evans
Original Title: A Night of Forever
Release Year: October 2016

Literary Genre: Historical Romance
Setting: England, Regency
Series: 6th of The Disgraced Lords

Vote: 7





This romance will be released the 25th of October 2016


I'm a bit upset. I'm upset because I believe Bronwen Evans is one of the best author of historical romance around at the moment; she is one of those who writes novels I truly look a lot forward to read, and believe me, I really had a lot of anticipation for A Night of Forever, first because I'm a big fan of the series, second because Arend is one of those charming heroes everyone loves and third because, although I'm generally not much attracted to mysteries, I had developed a strong interest towards the linking background story. 


However this novel, it pains me to say, lacks that shining charm that all the rest have (some more than others). 
I didn't care much for the heroine to be honest, I had some issues understanding her behaviour sometimes. Moreover I couldn't perceive any really deep attraction between the protagonists, yeah, we know they like each other because it's written there, but to say I was strongly involved in their love story, would be a lie. 
Plus I have to say that the occasional reference to the "Libertine Scholars" in a slightly overloaded manner reminded me of Laurens' Bar Cynster (and if this is not my first comment you read you probably know what I think of that series), but Evans does it with much more parsimony, class and prowess.

That said, this is a novel worth reading anyway; sadly, it is the conclusion of a series I really liked and enjoyed, and although I'd preferred a more powerful ending, I'm still a great fan of the author and I hope she will soon start another series...because let's be honest, there is an extreme abundance of historical romance authors, way to many if you ask me, but those who can actually call themselves as such are very few and Evans, in my opinion, is one of them.    

  
M.E.G.





** I received an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book on courtesy of NetGalley and Loveswept in exchange for an honest review, thank you for the opportunity **

No comments:

Post a Comment