Friday, 16 September 2016

Review: A Season of Ruin (Sutherland Scandals) - ARC


Author: Anna Bradley
Original Title: A Season of Ruin
Release Year: September 2016

Literary Genre: Historical Romance
Setting: England, Regency Era
Series: 2nd of Sutherland Scandals

Vote: 9 1/2





This series is fantastic, the first one was a marvellous surprise, which means that I had expectations for this one. Expectations that have been satisfied.
The author has that great, rare capacity to deeply engage the reader, I was very moved by some parts of the story.


The tension, attraction, longing, between the protagonists is more than palpable; I love a story where the hero is tormented by the emotions for the heroine, and I love the struggle (which makes me slightly sadistic I guess).

Robyn here is obviously very taken by Lily, he knows it, too; he is jealous, he is torn (thankfully not to the point where he ends up being overly penitent and boring in his longing), he wants her but he doesn't know if he's good enough for her and he is so passionate and manly. OH MY GOD! ADORE!

Lily is very innocent and sweet, and I liked it. Now, sometimes she was close to the point of being a bit too naive. However, the author managed to never actually get to that point. I cannot say she's my favourite heroine but the result of the contrast with the hero's personality is actually a winning in the end.

Great historical romance. I'm looking forward to read more from Anna Bradley.

Buona lettura!

M.E.G.



** I received an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book on courtesy of NetGalley and Little, Brown Book Group UK, Piatkus in exchange for an honest review, thank you for the opportunity **

No comments:

Post a Comment