Monday, 10 October 2016

Hero in the Highlands BLOG TOUR




 - REVIEW COMING TOMORROW! ... (for now I'll say it's a lovely novel!) -



Enjoy an EXCERPT from Hero in the Highlands...

 
“Ye arenae pleasant.” With that she turned on her heel to march up the gravel path between the cottages.   
He followed her.
“Very well. ‘Pleasant’ is the wrong word. But tell me, Miss Blackstock, have you thought about our kiss? Did you dream about it? I did.” 
“If I’d done such a thing, which I didnae, I’d call it a nightmare. Nae a dream.”
“I might believe you,” he returned, not bothering to hide his grin, “if you hadn’t brought me trousers last night.”
“And how is that, precisely?”
“Me being unable to dress and leave the bedchamber would have benefited you, according to the nonsense you’ve been spitting in my direction. You did something counter to your own best interest, and in favor of mine.”
“I gave ye the clothes before ye kissed me, if ye’ll recall.
“I recall every moment. Do you?”
“What do ye—”
“I jumped into the mud to save your life. In return, you sent me into a bog,” Gabriel stated. “And I only came up here in the first place because you threatened murder. I have two other estates with stewards whose letters and accounts seemed perfectly reasonable. I let them be.”
She glanced over her shoulder at him.
“I told ye that ye’d have yer figures.” Most of the women of his acquaintance were camp followers— the occasional officer’s wife, but mainly washerwomen, seamstresses, and the lightskirts who made a living off frightened young lads away from home and facing death. She was nothing like any of them. Every time he set eyes on her he recalled how she’d looked with her muddy muslin clinging to her curves, and he could taste her mouth again.
“You have me interested in different figures,” he returned.
“You’re a conundrum.”
“Because I brought ye trousers and I tried to kill ye in a bog? Ye’re a madman.”   
Now that amused him. “I don’t mean to insult you, but people far more skilled than you have attempted to murder me, and in far more lethal ways.”
“Aye? What ways?” 
This time a twinkle danced in her black eyes. Almost before his mind could grasp the fact that she’d just jested with him, Gabriel stepped forward, nudging her back against the rough cottage wall directly behind her, and held her there with his forearm across her chest. He took her mouth, warm and soft and tasting of tea. And this time he was certain she kissed him back. “You seem more lethal already,” he murmured, teasing at her lips again, then stepping back before she could shove him away. Strategy.

Copyright © 2016 by Suzanne Enoch and reprinted by permission of St. Martin's Paperbacks


*** *** ***



Suzanne Enoch grew up in Southern California, where she still balances her love for the Regency romances of Georgette Heyer and classic romantic comedies with her obsession for anything Star Wars. Given her love of food and comfy chairs, she may in fact be a Hobbit. She has written more than 35 romance novels, including traditional Regencies, Historical Romance, and contemporary Romantic Suspense. When she isn't working on her next book she is trying to learn to cook, and wishes she had an English accent. She is the bestselling author of The Scandalous Brides series, The Scandalous Highlanders series, and One Hot Scot.



The author's pages - Fb - Twitter - Blog




Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Macmillan





No comments:

Post a Comment