Wednesday, 12 October 2016

Review: Hero in the Highlands (No Ordinary Hero) - ARC

Author: Suzanne Enoch
Original Title: Hero in the Highlands
Release Year: October 2016

Literary Genre: Historical Romance
Setting: Scotland and England, Regency Era
Series: 6th of No Ordinary Hero


Vote: 7 1/2








This is a nice, lovely story. However, I have to admit that I was expecting more from it.
With this I mean that I truly like the plot, it is interesting and stimulating, the protagonists are theoretically great, the secondary characters are more than interesting (everybody here wants to know more about Kelgrove and the hero's sister...possibly in the same story, if you know what I mean).


What I found a bit lacking is however, the chemistry between the hero, Gabriel and the heroine, Fiona. I think that the timing of their love story might have been one of the issues here, they are obviously very attracted to each other and there are a couple of steamy scenes that are well passionate and engaging but at the same time, the consequentially expected feelings are not that clear...there isn't, for a long time, a clear interest that goes beyond the physical attraction.

I also have to admit that, although I generally deeply enjoy strong, independent and sharp heroines, Fiona sometimes tends to exceed with her behaviours, she is often too much, especially in the first half of the story.

Gabriel. I liked him, truly. I cannot say he is my favourite hero of all times but I still found him entertaining and well rounded. Pictured perfectly in the prologue however, looses a bit of charm later on.

Buona lettura!

M.E.G.





 ** I received an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book on courtesy of NetGalley and St. Martin's Press in exchange for an honest review, thank you for the opportunity.




No comments:

Post a Comment